Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Will this still work with a more powerful motor?

So I have this project(RC Multipurpose planter with solar panel) for my final year in mechanical engineering, and i have been researching on electronic schematic diagrams. I don't have much knowledge on making circuit diagrams so i searched for one.

And this is what i have found, a simple and small diy remote controlled robot schematic diagrams. (See site and pics)

(Credits to the publisher)

https://diyhacking.com/remote-control-car/
RCC-2-min.jpg

Transmitter Circuit:
trans.png

Receiver Circuit:
receiver.png

It is relatively simple and easy to build. I think this is gonna work for my project.

However...
I'm gonna need a larger dc motor since the weight of my robot is about 30kg (about two 40W power of a 12VDC motor)(Moving at 2km/hr)
And im gonna add a solar panel for recharge-ability and sustain.

My questions are:
1. Will this still work and not fry up even if i use a larger motor? (Since ill have a larger motor, ill have a higher
amperage for a constant 12V DC motor)
2. How do i configure this circuit to meet my required power to drive my 30kg robot.
3. How and where do i install my solar panel?
4. Any recommendations?

Is it direct drive at the moment, presumably you do not require high speed, if so look at a geared motor solution, your torque will increase by the ratio of the reduction and the power requirement will be the same or lower.
M.

Uhm i'm gonna use gearmotors to increase torque. This is irrelevant to my questions but if you need more description just feel free to ask.

Uhm i'm gonna use gearmotors to increase torque. This is irrelevant to my questions but if you need more description just feel free to ask.
Of course it is relevant to your question!
You supposedly are worried about using larger motors, I pointed out that you can use the same or smaller motors if gearing is used up to the required speed.
M.

Ok well, fine I won't argue with that.

I just found out that my motor driver(L293D) Could only supply upto 1A so,
1A x 12V = 12 Watts (Not enough power) My target is 40Watts

The datasheet for the L293 says its maximum allowed current is 1A but it is only 600mA for the tiny L293D.
Your L293D can drive power transistors or power Mosfets. The power transistors can drive your high current motors.