Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wifi router does not turn on after outage (not what you think please read)

I have a D-Link EXO WiFi 6 Router AX1500 MU-MIMO router. The router is connected to a Surge Protector multi-outlet power strip. Each time power goes out (which is quite common here), the router won't turn back on immediately. I always have to leave it unplugged for more than 3 days. And then it turns on again. This ALWAYS happens. I have tried using different outlets after each outage with no avail. Is there a way to fix this or at least to know why this happens?

Hi, do you leave the router connected to the surge protector strip for those three days?.
Could be the surge protection component is very slow to return to normal operating resistance.
Or does it turn on but take three days to re-set?.

Martin

Hi, do you leave the router connected to the surge protector strip for those three days?.
Could be the surge protection component is very slow to return to normal operating resistance.
Or does it turn on but take three days to re-set?.

Martin
Hi Martin! I unplug everything: power cable from the router and from power strip and even the ethernet cable. Then, I wait for about 3-5 days and then plug everything back again.

Do any lights come on when the router doesn't go?

Are you connecting it directly to the other outlets to test without the surge protector?

Might be time for a new router?

Also probably get a UPS if you are having power cuts.

Do any lights come on when the router doesn't go?

Are you connecting it directly to the other outlets to test without the surge protector?

Might be time for a new router?

Also probably get a UPS if you are having power cuts.
No lights come on.
I have tried without the surge protector.
I am beginning to consider a new but since it always comes back on...I survive with my internet provider's modem/router while the other one recovers.
I will start looking for a UPS. Thank you for the suggestion.

My guess would be that you are a foreign native speaker and don't have any grasp of what the word "day" means in English.

That is the only explanation. Show me any device, ever in the history of mankind that needed a 3 day sleep, that didn't have a battery backup that had to drain during that period.

No, I suspect you are some kind of strange troll, a type that I have encountered more and more in the last year or two on other sites including some I admin, whose goal is only to propose impossible things trying to waste time.

If this always happens, you should have returned it for a refund within the refund period from the merchant. If it only happened later, reset to factory defaults and wait to test the effect of different settings. However this about about stability running, not at all about time after power disconnect.

There is no router that needs 3 days to reset.
1. I am a "foreign" language speaker, at least to you since I would assume you don't speak Spanish.
2. Day=24 hours. Or as we say in Spanish "día".
3. I have not returned it because, since I live in Puerto Rico, shipping times from and to Amazon are longer. Also, since it always comes back on, well I might as well wait and save myself the longer wait.
4. I haven't tried the factory reset since I always assumed it was a hardware problem. I will try the reset also. Thank you for the suggestion!

Does this router use a 'wall-wort' type power supply? Try a different (compatible) power supply, or use a voltmeter to check for output on the one you have.
Thank you for the suggestion. I will ask someone to look into the power supply and see if that's the problem.

This can only happen by a surge / inrush component not re-setting. Although I have never known one to act like this. But I suppose it's possible.
I would be tempted to try a little experiment:
Put the router in the fridge for half hour and then try it.
If no luck, try heating it with a hairdryer into the air slots for 1 minute. Then try it.
The assumption would be a protection device failing and not re-setting.

Martin