Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Why isn't my new 3.5" TFT LCD screen working with my Raspberry Pi B?

image.jpg image.jpg I have a Raspberry Pi B & I have just bought a 3.5" TFT LCD screen for it. Even tho I have the NOOBS SD card inserted, when I plug the screen straight onto the board, I just get a white screen! Can someone tell where I'm going wrong please? Thanks. Here's some pics to help. image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 150
The noobs build has problems with drivers. Try redoing your SD card with a Raspian build. If its a Raspberry Pi compatible product it should work fine. I used noobs once and it would pick up my keyboard or mouse. Hope this helps.

The noobs build has problems with drivers. Try redoing your SD card with a Raspian build. If its a Raspberry Pi compatible product it should work fine. I used noobs once and it would pick up my keyboard or mouse. Hope this helps.
How do you mean 'with a Raspian build'? Sorry but this is the first time i've used a Raspberry Pi! I've mainly been getting my head around Arduino. I've got a Raspberry Pi B, a 3.5" TFT LCD Touch screen & the Micro Sd (with SD Adaptor) From Raspberry. So, as far as I'm led to believe, I should be able to plug the screen onto the board, plug in the power & insert the card & away we go? Or am i being too simplistic because all I'm getting is a white screen! And VERY frustrated!!!!:mad: LOL

Have you tried load the Pi without the screen attach. Get a HDMI cable and plug it into the Pi then the other end into a HDMI tv. Make sure the pi boots up completely without the screen. Is there a wiring diagram for the LCD screen. And can i be really cheeky and ask how much it cost?