Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Which online portal is best for buying electroincs?

hi all,

good day to everyone.. I am actually getting lot of e-mails stating that they have offer in electronic items from various online selling websites. i never purchased one earlier online, so can anyone suggest me a good website which i can trust for buying electronics...

For important or expensive things, I usually use SparkFun. For components(resistors, caps, pots), I usually use eBay because it's so freaking cheap. I bought my logic analyzer from Seeed Studio. I just ordered(for free) a catalog from Jameco, it seems like they have a lot of stuff, industrial and commercial, for a reasonable price. I've heard good things about RS(from post above me), but don't confuse it with Radio Shack. I think the only things I would maybe buy from Radio Shack would things like soldering irons, wire strippers, copper board, etc. but definitely NOT components($2 for two LED's? REALLY?!)

where are you located? The best distributor to use is the one closet that has what you want would be my guess. If you are in europe, you can only have RoHS compliant components shipped in. Places in the US might have a much more limited supply while a company in the UK would only sell compliant parts.