Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Which function generator to buy? $300 to $400 budget

Hello!

I want a function generator to have a known source and experiment to see how things affect the signal. I already have a scope. This is also for Arduino and PIC experimentation later.

Any suggestions appreciated. I am wary of eBay as I want a unit with warranty and support.

I look at Agilent but that is super expensive, over $1000 and more like $2000!!!

Thanks

Adam, did you change the sort to log to high? There were some reasonable ones under $300 there.

Bob

LOL thanks guys. Yes those seem rather more expensive even after sorting cheap to high. I am comparing it with the Rigol one which goes for some $350 or something like that. But read some threads here and there that said the Rigol FG might not be a good buy (something to do with no support, or very obsolete design?). But the Rigol does go to 20 MHz I think. The B&K ones go up to 10 MHz within that $300 to $400 range.

To go the e-Bay route, I am a bit (more than a bit) wary of spending my money on a dud and not get support, etc.

Does Agilent even repair their old kit these days? Or would I be proverbially SOL if I get a dud unit second hand?