Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Which Equipment for opening&closing coal stove

i need to built a device that automatically open&close coal stove's air inlet. so that i can control room temperature. i realy need help for my mechanical design. servo motor could be a solution but maybe there is some other choices like linear motor(but they re very expensive).

my plan is that using arduino uno and lm332 sensors and maintain stable temperature. i m open to suggestion in this also . thank you.

You could build your own using a low voltage series motor with a shaft encoder for position and a screw thread for the operator.
Monitor position via the Arduino and adjust as necessary.
Motor size would depend on mechanical size of this stove air inlet door.
Don't know about LM332 for temperature monitoring but DS18B20 digital on I2c would be a good alternative choice.
They come in versions already encased in a tube with wiring attached (waterproof) and cheap to boot.
Monitor temp via a basic 16x2 lcd on I2c at the same time.
Shouldn't be too difficult to chase down some already written code if you are not familiar with it.

"motor with a shaft encoder" could u explain this a little more? I googled it but I can't figure it out clearly. U recommend me using this instead of servo? I don't have much budget btw.

Is there something rail with dc motor? In this case how can i stop motor ? Do I need another sensor?

Thank you

Last edited: