Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Weller EC1002 station displays EEE

I have an older Weller soldering station EC1002 with a EC1201A pencil that now displays EEE and no heat. If someone knows, will EEE display with the pencil disconnected on a working unit?
I ohmed out the heater and sensor, sensor seemed a bit low so I replaced it but same issue. I guess it might be the base but want to rule out the pencil.

Thanks

Not familiar with your problem, if I find out anything I'll repost a reply.
My experience with the Wellers in the past, is that there is a temperature sensor in the iron handle that often fails. So you MAY be right, that it might not be the base.
Good luck

I checked with the other techs I work with. No one familiar with your error code.
I checked the manual for the Weller I'm using now (WD 1), and it's useless for error codes, ...so I imagine any manual you got for yours would be as useless.
Repairing Wellers with their parts has become VERY expensive. The last Weller I bought personally, I got off ebay for 1/10 the full price of a new one.
Before you throw in the towel, consider buying one off ebay cheap, then using it to troubleshoot your present failure. If you can identify the problem, you'll have two irons, or you can sell one of the two, to get your money back for the one you got off ebay. Good luck. Hopefully somebody else on this site will have a better answer for your problem.