Maker Pro
Maker Pro

VIZIO VW42L FHDTV10A LED TV DEAD

This past weekend I came across a LED Flat Screen TV, curbside Naturally I could not pass up this opportunity to explore new technology.
It is a model VISO VW42L FHDTV10A.
Experience has taught me when something doesn’t power up, no lights, sounds etc., I look to the power supply.
I checked the fuse and some voltages at random points as I have no schematic. I found the incoming line is rectified thru a ridge and this section of the board has un-regulated line voltage rectified.
There is a 15 pin Molex connector labeled CN201.
The board silk screening is a little confusing:
From right to left:
14 Inverter on/off
13 Dim
12 }
11} +5V
10}
9}
8}
7} GND
6}
5}
4}
3} +12V
2}
1 PS on/off
I’m trying to test this board as a stand-alone device; not connected to the other circuitry. When connected or not connected I read +5VDC at pins 10,11, &12 with respect to ground (5,6,7,8,&9),but nothing at 2,3,&4, or any other pins.
When connected I press the power on/off button but no change at any pins.
I surmise when not connected to the rest of circuitry the oar is not getting a power up signal. I wondering : should I ground pin 1 and /or 14 to start a sequence? I’m afraid of damaging the board further if this is incorrect.
Do you think I should be reading the +12v regardless of in 1 and/or 14 state?
Any suggestions?
I found a troubleshooting flow chart (not much help), but no schematic on-line thus far.
Thanks,
Eddie

davenn

google is a wonderful thing ;)

Have you visited this forum that has info on your problem as well as a link to the service manual

what a dopey service manual ... doesn't have schematics !!
They obviously only want modules replaced not individual parts --- such is the way of servicing these days

cheers
Dave