Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Unknown accessory

Attached is an image of a cabled accessory with a pin connector. The other end somewhat resembles a microphone. Tested for sound... not a mic. the depression in the head is NOT a hole to allow sound. Looking for an informed opinion

Attachments

• Cabled Device.jpg
    Cabled Device.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 108

davenn

looks like a microphone
you pic is very blurry and hard to really see

An informed opinion would require more info from you ;)

what was it an accessory with ?
what sort of plug is on the other end ?

D

What plug is on the other end?
How many wires?
Are they shielded?
Are they twisted pairs?
Any chance of a clear photo?

Yeah, more information please.
It looks like your 'pin connector' MIGHT be an 'RCA Plug' commonly used for audio/video.
I can't really get a good look at the other end of the cable. I'm wondering if maybe it might be a 'load' resistor' somebody made-up for test situations,
Do you read a resistance across your pin connector of 50 or 75 ohms?

looks like a microphone
you pic is very blurry and hard to really see

An informed opinion would require more info from you ;)

what was it an accessory with ?
what sort of plug is on the other end ?

D
Much thanks for the timely reply. As of this writing, my only camera is a Blackberry curve. Trying to troubleshoot the resolution issue. the pin plug jack is identical to all of my headsets. Connected it to a Windows 7 notebook to test it as if it were a microphone. No sound levels seen when using the 'recorder' app. Blackberry camera settings are: 1600 X 1200, Quality: Superfine, Flash setting: Automatic. Have taken images from varying distances with no change in clarity... Will experiment without the flash and with a separate light source in the hopes that the exposure time will drop and eliminate the blur. Also might tape the blacberry to a tripod. Much thanks for your continued support