Maker Pro
Maker Pro

unidentified electromagnetic shaker

Hi everyone, I have been lent a small electromagnetic shaker, see attached pictures. The owner used it a long time ago (ten-twenty years?) and cannot remember what make or model it is, only that it should vibrate a few mm. It has a metal mounting plate attached to it. It is about 70mm height, 65mm diameter with a 40mm stinger rod.

I cannot find any sort of marking, and I am wondering if anyone might know what make it is? I realise it's a very long shot but would like to know its spec...etc I presume there will be a marking inside but I don't want to dismantle it since i'm not familiar with kit like this.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Attachments

• IMAG0351.jpg
    IMAG0351.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 432
  • IMAG0350.jpg
    IMAG0350.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
I don't recognize it. Did it come off a larger assembly, that you might be able to get
a manufactuer's ID from?
It's probably pointless to disassemble it to try to ID it, there's rarely any informaion
inside the housings on a small assembly like that.
You may have to just start contacting places that manufacture them, and see if they
have an off the shelf equivalent, or will make a compatible equivalent.
Oftentimes I've found a shop that will make what I need. I send them the original,
and they make one for me. Not cheap, but an option.

Hi, looks like I solved my problem- I contacted some manufacturers, it seems to be a very old LDS v101 (LDS now owned by Bruel and Kjaer). Probably too old to be repaired by them though...

You never know. If that division is still in business, see if they still make an
equivalent, or service old assemblies. Oftentimes if the manufacturer doesn't still
do the work, they know a rebuilder who does work on their assemblies.

Hi , Yes that is a LDS V101 Shaker, LDS are still going strong and but are now know as Bruel & Kjaer VTS.. They will be able to repair it as they still make them.