Maker Pro
Maker Pro

TV Speaker advice needed

I want to be able to hear my tv while laying in bed without having to have the sound turned all the way up. I would like to have two speakers, one for each side of the bed, and be able to control the sound level separately on both of them. I don't really need a traditional surround system, I just like to watch tv at night without disturbing hubby while he's trying to sleep. Our tv is about 10 ft from the end of the bed. It's not a smart tv, just a regular flatscreen. What's the best, and inexpensive, way to do this? Thanks!

davenn

Our tv is about 10 ft from the end of the bed. It's not a smart tv, just a regular flatscreen. What's the best, and inexpensive, way to do this? Thanks!

check to see if it has audio LINE OUT sockets Land R for stereo ..... buy a small low power stereo system and hook it up.
Using the balance control on t he stereo system you will be able to control whether the sound comes out one or both speakers

Dave

davenn

But I would suggest that a speaker beside you is going to be even closer to him and just as annoying to him trying to sleep

the best thing would be to buy a cordless headphone unit ... the transmitter part plugs into the LINE out sockets I mentioned in the previous post
and it transmits to the headphones so there are no additional wires lying around the bedroom

https://www.bing.com/search?q=cordl...s=n&sk=&cvid=92683b0b0aa244ffec26c2ca748b6bb6

just about any decent audio video show should sell them

D

Does your room have any open spaces where sound might escape? Sounds bounces off the wall. closed caption