Maker Pro
Maker Pro

TV sound problems

TV sound problems.

Like most LED screens my picture is excellent but the sound leaves much to be desired. Like most mature people I have slight hearing problems. I need to add a hi fi system but being in a small pensioner flat there is no room around the TV.

I therefore need to set one up a short distance away beside my favourite chair where it can be heard by everyone but under my control for volume etc.. I cannot get under the house to poke wires across and to conceal them under the carpet is impracticable. The only solution is to send a signal by wireless which cannot be Bluetooth because of the delay factor.

Where can I obtain a small inexpensive TX/RX system that I can adapt to meet my needs?
Deigh

davenn

The only solution is to send a signal by wireless which cannot be Bluetooth because of the delay factor.

what delay ?
I use BT headphones on my PC for listing to music videos and movies. There is no noticeable delay

Where can I obtain a small inexpensive TX/RX system that I can adapt to meet my needs?

since it is also a radio link, it would also suffer any delays that you think might exist :)

Harald Kapp

delayed audio or video can be an issue with wired setups, too. Today, many TVs and/or home theater systems can be adjusted to compensate this delay.

I understood that there was a standard 2tenths of a second delay in bluetooth signals. This has always been a problem when playing an instrument but perhaps it is unimportant on normal watching, I'll have another look at bluetooth.