Maker Pro
Maker Pro

TV IR Receiver Repair and rewire

I'm an electrician, installed a Vanco IR repeater kit for a TV a few months ago for a customer, today customer must have accidentally yanked out the kits 3 wire cord from tv receiver little black box sticks on corner of tv. On the cord, I've got RED, BLK, and WHT. On the receiver board where cord attached to, I've got +, - , and IR , (also S, I think not being used). Can anyone help wire coordination?
Howie...

Last edited:

Harald Kapp

Hello and welcome to electronicspoint.

Without a schematic or at least a model number it is hard to say how the connections are menat to be.
Chances are that red="+", black="-" and white="IR" as read and black are typically used for power supply. There's no guarantee, however:(

Hello and welcome to electronicspoint.

Without a schematic or at least a model number it is hard to say how the connections are menat to be.
Chances are that red="+", black="-" and white="IR" as read and black are typically used for power supply. There's no guarantee, however:(

Thanks for reply; Called Vanco; said Europe uses black for +, red for -, and wht for signal. Power supply reversed .

Thanks for reply; Called Vanco; said Europe uses black for +, red for -, and wht for signal. Power supply reversed .
Very glad you got a reply.

I would have never guessed red for a negative lead... My guess would have put that as a positive power supply, or perhaps the IR signal.
I would have certainly called black the - lead as well...

Very glad you got a reply.

I would have never guessed red for a negative lead... My guess would have put that as a positive power supply, or perhaps the IR signal.
I would have certainly called black the - lead as well...

Yea; couldn't take chance on reversed polarity short back to other components.; soldered it up and all is well.
Thanks for replies