Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Treadmill, strange problem on Motor control board

Hi my name is Luca, I'm a Italian boy, I have one problem with Motor control board (mcb),
the problem is:

after connected the mcb with all cable, I press the start button and nothing happens, motor doesn't start, I have change the IGBT, but nothing has changed,

I've seen beside to main chip one red led (error led) switched on (circled in blue in the picture), I made some measurements on the

HCPL-320 (inside the orange circle)

pin 1 = 0 (Not used)
pin 2 = 3,28V
pin 3 = 2,25V
pin 4 = 0 (Not used)
pin 5 = 0,57V
pin 6 = 0,58V
pin 7 = 0,57V
pin 8 = 13,58V

used the M- (negative motor connector) for ground.

you have any idea? how can I test it?

I have attached a picture of the mcb

iOA4Q9WpI9n5l.jpg

I'm not the best person for this task, but I will offer my way of trying to fix something that I know little about.
I would start by locating the power supply circuit and test its output.
If you find no output, try to remove the load from the power circuit to see if it is being loaded down and protecting itself by cutting off.
If you have power, each stage of this circuit provides a separate function, so try to divide the board into what each section does, then test it for proper operation.

You didn't say what test equipment you have, but at minimum you need a good VOM. If you have an oscilloscope, that would be great.

A visual inspection may provide some clues. Look on the other side of the board for signs of over heating.

Most of the part numbers can be researched with Google. Knowing what each part is and does will greatly improve your odds of making a good repair.

The parts with a label covering them are most likely micro controllers, or memory chips holding firmware.
The power circuit is obviously in the center around the transformer. The five devices off to the left are likely opto-oscillators.

The big capacitors would not be suspect because their failure is usually visually detectable, but not always.

Most of this board appears to be power related, but not all.

The fact that you said that it does nothing, all points at a power issue.

This is all the help I could give you, I am a jack of all trades, and a master of only a few, and this not being one of them.

Joe

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
The power circuit is obviously in the center around the transformer. The five devices off to the left are likely opto-oscillators.
Opto-isolators aka optocouplers.

That's some pretty good general advice there Joe.

mmmh ok, I try to change the capacitors, and then I measure the voltage on the transformer.

but the Opto-isolators don't work together with the power, right?

P.S. thanks for all replies, thanks joe for good advice :)

HI Luca, i am from Trieste :)

Strange, an error led means to me an error condition detected from the cpu, so like some sensor detects something not ok for the motor to be started.

Anyway, issue solved, that's good :)

HI Luca, i am from Trieste :)

Strange, an error led means to me an error condition detected from the cpu, so like some sensor detects something not ok for the motor to be started.

Anyway, issue solved, that's good :)

Hi Angelo, I live in Milan :p, very strange problem, I have changed all capacitors and then went fixed, for this moment ehehe

nothing :) , I fixed the MCB by changing all capacitors around the trasformers :)
Was working?

I have the same problem in MCB DCMD67, the engine does not start and appears error (E1). MCB in the RED LED is on.
It will also be of capacitors? What capacitors is that changed?

Note:
"I have no voltage at the terminals to the engine, the relay is also disabled"

Thanks to all