Maker Pro
Maker Pro

then what does jp1 and jp2 mean here?

Hello friends,I'll perform the final project for this card, but I don't know what's JP1 and JP2 displayed here.I'm using altium for schematic and PCB design.which component should I use and what does it do?thank you.

Attachments

• pmod_rs323_front.png
    pmod_rs323_front.png
    397.6 KB · Views: 13
  • pmod_rs323_back.png
    pmod_rs323_back.png
    286 KB · Views: 12

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
It means Jumper.

Pull those blue things off and you'll find 2 pins. Those blue blocks contain a bit of metal that joins the two pins together.

Typically it's for setting an option, but you'd have to look up the documentation to see what these are for. It *might* swap the transmit and receive pins, but it also may be for something totally different.

edit: I normally would recommend you start a new thread rather than reopening one from 7 years ago.

It means Jumper.

Pull those blue things off and you'll find 2 pins. Those blue blocks contain a bit of metal that joins the two pins together.

Typically it's for setting an option, but you'd have to look up the documentation to see what these are for. It *might* swap the transmit and receive pins, but it also may be for something totally different.
product description says 'Optional RTS and CTS handshaking functions'.Could it be for jumpers

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
It could be. It's definitely NOT for swapping the transmit/receive pins (and that only works for 3 wire connections - that this is not).

It's difficult to tell where the jumpers connect to, but I can see where they don't connect to :)