Maker Pro
Maker Pro

The infamous Panasonic F61 error

As the title suggests, I have a bluray amp (SA-BTt230) that has stopped working defaulted to the error F61, after it turns and stays on for a fews seconds.
After trawling through the forums as far back as 2004 with similar errors, I'm at a loss.

I'm no electronics whizz, but can do basic soldering, component testing etc. I'm limited to a multi meter for testing.
Rather than throwing this unit away, I would rather see it working again, if possible.
So where do I start.

I have checked the fan like so many others, it is clean and the unit is from a clean environment.
Through the forums I did find out that the fan works intermittently, and spins when the system requires it do so for heat removal. My fan does boot up fast, then drops speed to a steady rpm. Maybe this is wrong as the amp could not be hot for it to run constantly. But, the system is not on long enough for me to determine if it would stay on all the time.

Duration from booting to switching off with F61 code, varies from a few seconds to 20 seconds.

I have a service manual. So where should I start?

Thx

Hi, thanks for weighing in on this.

I've uploaded the error from the manual.

Where it says "press stop for next error", I cannot do that as the unit switches off.

Attachments

• panny f61error.jpg
    panny f61error.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 781
According to that, if the fan working, look for damaged leaking capacitors around speaker output section. The fault circuit looks for any dc in the speaker circuit ....amplifier sections are coupled together using either capacitive or transformer coupling to keep the dc out..... Former is more common these days due to cost but being an expensive brand, it could be either.

Last edited: