Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Tektronix 475A scope sweep problem.

I recently received this scope. It powers up and the vertical sweep appears to be good. The horizontal sweep starts about mid-screen, and I can't get full screen sweep. How much trouble am I getting into??

I recently received this scope. It powers up and the vertical sweep appears to be good. The horizontal sweep starts about mid-screen, and I can't get full screen sweep. How much trouble am I getting into??

The hor. position control will only move the hor. sweep further to the right, but not to the left past the center of the screen.[/QUOTE]

I think that model has deflection plate connections that are little pins that stick out of the neck of the CRT. Maybe one of those wires has become disconnected.

Thanks! I will try to check on it. It had some broken knobs when it arrived, so probably not packed securely. If I can get it working properly I will worry about knobs.

I have gotten hor. sweep now, but when it is centered it is not full grid. It leaves two squares empty on each end.

The X amplifier sound like the gain needs to be incest a bit if it's the same at each end of the sweep.
This is sometime a control knob on the front panel, but sometime is on the back named x sweep gain.
Also this can be a small pot on the CCT board.Just depends on the manufacture and the price of the scope.
Good luck.