Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Stuck! How can I remve that CD plastic block , metal bar is blocking it ?

Hi, I'm glad I have found this forum. I am a noob when it comes to electronics and I am stuck trying to fix a CD inkjet printer ( This is a DYMO discpainter printer ).
I need to change the belt which makes the cd rotate when the printing is in progress.

So I need to go under the black platic cd tray/holder which you can see on the pictures. That black block on which I put the CD, slides in and out towards the cardridge with a metal bar which looks like "fixed" under the cd block. I think , almost sure, that I need take out that bar, in order to remove the CD block, and to be able to change the belt. The problem is, I cannot remove the bar. I thought I would be able to make it slide all the way to the end on the right side, but a very small metal piece looking like a horseshoe blocks it.

Here are some pictures and a video to understand what I'm trying to say, the video is in low quality I had trouble to film and do a demo of the problem... Please watch the video to understand what I mean as I believe it will be better to understand than the pictures.

I56Zrs8.jpg

JkiHfWi.jpg

On the left side, the bar goes through a hole in plastic and reached the end of the box, there's not much space:

LHeifSP.jpg

On the right side, the is quite some space between the hole where the metal bar goes through, and the white plastic end of the box. If I could make the bar slide through all the way to the end, it would be free itself from the hole on the left side ( see previous picture ) then I could take out the cd block. But there is a small metal piece attached to the bar , which looks like a horseshoe thing.

MyZBwdR.jpg

Sorry for the bad video quality!
Here it is:

I can provide more videos or pictures.
Is there another solution? Or what should I do ? I've been stuck for a few days with this. This is a DYMO discpainter printer. I know it's possible without detroying anything because someone else on the internet managed to change the belt. Any advices and help would be really appreciated. Many thanks.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 104

davenn

hi and welcome :)

either slide the metal bracket on the right side up or slide the white plastic bit on the left side up

Hi, thanks for your suggestion, however it doesn't work because :
- the white platic bit on the left side is fixed to the outer box, and it goes through the black piece.

- there is a small slim metal piece which iis "encrusted" inside the metallic bar , (but it can spin arround it, but it stays in its place. Please look at the video below and also that image to understand better the problem:

7a8iuGM.jpg

So that bar seems totally stuck. I'm wondering if I'm looking at the right solution. I don't see any other ways to take out the black cd holder piece so I'm just stuck here... it drives me mad! How is that possible, if the manufacturer was able to put it together, there must be a way to take all the pieces out and detach them..

So your trying to take off that horseshoe thing so you can remove the bar? I have removed a lot of those when gutting printers for parts. Put two flat head screw drivers on each side of the horseshoe thing a press downwards. That usually gets it off for me. Or you can get a pair of strong pliers and put each end of the pliers tip on each end of the horseshoe and push downwards.
Dan

Thanks for your sugestion. I 've tryed both but the horseshoe shaped metal thingy seems totally stuck in its place ( ie my previous image of the bar ) . I 've tryed pushing really hard but it doesn't move from there.

EDIT - Okay I managed to take it out with the plier and push down real hard. It finnally came out. Thanks Dan.

Last edited: