Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Stator Windings Clarification

I want to understand the following configuration suppose if the stator is 3 phase winding (2 pole stator) let us say a,b,c. I know they will be placed 120Degress apart, but if i make it a 6 phase winding(4 pole stator), how they can still maintain that 120Degrees? I know very little about stator winding's procedure, if a detailed explanation will really help me.

I want to understand the following configuration suppose if the stator is 3 phase winding (2 pole stator) let us say a,b,c. I know they will be placed 120Degress apart, but if i make it a 6 phase winding(4 pole stator), how they can still maintain that 120Degrees? I know very little about stator winding's procedure, if a detailed explanation will really help me.

It's known as electrical degrees, not physical.

I have drawn the 2 pole 3 phase stator winding below
upload_2020-10-2_0-57-37.png

Now my main aim please guide me to understand the 4 pole stator and help to draw a diagram similar to the above. I extend to higher poles once i understand the concept.
One of the statements from the material is "For a 3 phase machine, the three windings are displaced from each other by 120 electrical space degrees along the air gap periphery".
That is the reason i see that 120 degrees from a-b and b-c and c-a both electrically and physically. Am I correct? Should a and a' be always 90 Degrees apart as I see above?
My questions are
a. Let us assume i start from a, should i always follow the sequence ac'b,a'cb' as shown in the figure? Can it be any other sequence as well for example abc, a'b'c'?
b. Suppose if i take 4 pole stator, how do i still maintain that 120 degrees between the coils as now the coils need to be closer?
Hope i get all these doubts cleared.

I thought it was explained fully graphically to you in the other forum, what didn't you get?
Each phase has a N&S pole.
In the case of a two pole motor, each phase has 1 pair of poles.
The four pole motor was also shown graphically!
M.