Maker Pro
Maker Pro

SparkFun Pro Micro - 3.3V/8MHz

Hello,

how can I modify the schematic of SparkFun Pro Micro 3.3V/8MHz into becoming a LiPo charger as well. I just need to add this ability into a pcb that I am designing based on the Pro Micro. I have to mention that I am trying to design this pcb as small as possible so in order to gain space I am not including any PINS of the PRO MICRO, just the ATmega32u4 and the rest of parts (LEDs, USB, capacitors, resistors, voltage regulator. I have attached the eagle files as well.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• Pro Micro - Eagle files.zip
    92.3 KB · Views: 90
You could probably use the ucontroller for the logic of the LiPo charger(if there is logic).
Its only rated at 3.3 volts, what kind of battery are you planning to charge? You said you are designing a printed circuit? Good luck on making one. Printed circuits are expensive to make unless you already have supplies. Why not buy the ATmega32u4 by itself? Why not buy a charger, it would certainly be cheaper. Especially if your using a ucontroller, I feel that a micro-controller isn't needed.

When you say modify the schematic of the chip, what exactly do you mean. Are you taking the micro controller out of the sparkfun and putting it into a PCB you designed yourself (another reason to buy the mc by itself).

I don't have enough experience with ucontrolers to tell you anything else, but I do know a mc like an atmega is not necessary. If you do this right, your looking at 50$

Good luck