Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Small SMT trim pot

I have been trying to find a small 5K variable resistor, surface mount and tolerance not that important, I found several on the web, but they seem to be priced exorbitantly high( > £1 each). I also looked at 10K options, but pricing seems consistently high. Their normal through hole counterparts are significantly cheaper.

Any recommendations?

Last edited:
Both mouser and RSS adds delivery which bumps the cost to over £1 unless you order a huge amount. This is for hobby use so I don't need 100's.
The delivery cost is why I have always avoided these companies in the past. Farnell is equally guilty.
But thanks for your assistance.

I'm in Camberley. The Maplin stores closest(Farnborough & Camberley) hardly stock any components any more. I think the grey topped species(read over 60's) that loves building their own things are dying out, so they stock ready-made and some small kits.
I have compromised and bought some slightly bigger through hole jobs from bitsbox. Got some tactile switches at the same time. I wish they stocked SMD as they do very honest business and delivery is normally next day or at most 2 days and delivery is £1.75 fixed.

I used to live in Bracknell, and I am sure they had one in Reading maybe try there, I wonder if they do store pick up like RS. I'll have alook
Adam

I see there is a RS Components counter in Hounslow, but it seems it is for business use, so I don't know whether they will serve a hobbyist.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
I see there is a RS Components counter in Hounslow, but it seems it is for business use, so I don't know whether they will serve a hobbyist.

Even businesses might need one 5k SMD trimpot ;). In some cases from RS you might find you have to purchase a minimum quantity of five