Maker Pro
Maker Pro

single phase to three phase inverter

Hi, New on this forum and any help is good :)

I have bought an milling machine, and its running on 3 phase AC 230v. The motors are 4kw 1,1 kw and 0.2kw

I only have single phase 230v ac and i guess making the third phase with an capasitor is not gonna work wery well...

I found some kind of inverter online singel phase to 3 phase 5.5 kw and i am wondering if this will work with several motors, when this device i believe is meant to alter the motor speed with changing the hz...

Am i on to something here?

here is the link to the inverter

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/EMHE...r-Siemens-motor-220V-5-5KW-23A/707322199.html

Stay away from that solution.
I believe that is a variable frequency 3-phase drive. This may work, but would be a dirty hack and would be very application specific. This is not meant for that application, and I would not be comfortable in allowing you to do so.

There is some good information here: http://www.finewoodworking.com/workshop/qa/three-phase-machines-in-shop.aspx

You should buy a product specifically for converting single phase to 3-phase. The link will cover 3 types, as well as pros and cons for each. This is not something to take lightly and should require an electrician to take care of.

*note that link does talk about inverters, but they should be chosen and installed by professionals

Thanks for the reply :)

I haw also been looking at installing 3 phase in the house, but the cost is high, 2000$ for the in house part, and another 4000$ for an new cable from the house to the elcompany`s street box. this cable must be dug in to the ground.

Another thing i have been looking into is an gasoline engine generator. a 6-8kw generator is about 1000-4000 $ according to quality, and i am still afraid the start-power will be to high for the generators

But how about helping me find the right inverter ? and i can get an electrician installing it, but no one here would know how to programme it

Thanks for the reply :)

I haw also been looking at installing 3 phase in the house, but the cost is high, 2000$ for the in house part, and another 4000$ for an new cable from the house to the elcompany`s street box. this cable must be dug in to the ground.

Another thing i have been looking into is an gasoline engine generator. a 6-8kw generator is about 1000-4000 $ according to quality, and i am still afraid the start-power will be to high for the generators

But how about helping me find the right inverter ? and i can get an electrician installing it, but no one here would know how to programme it
This is not a subject that I have enough experience on to help choose the right one for your application unfortunately. You should consult with local electrical companies so they can recommend products based on the needs of the machinery you want to run. From those recommendation you can begin to look into products. Get more than one opinion.