Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Simple latching switch for a pcb

Hello
I make simple circuits for my miniatures hobby using vero board, switches, cable connectors and fuses etc.
For a new board I need a small on off switch to make / break a circuit for a room in a miniature building.
I have trouble finding a latching (slide or push on to make and slide / push again to break the circuit.
I have found this but I am unsure if it is latching or momentary.
http://www.rapidonline.com/Electron...iniature-PCB-Push-Button-Switch-Black-51-0107
I would use a dil switch but it is difficult to find these stocked as single switches
I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks in advance
John

Hi John,
Maplin will have them. £2.29.
single-pole-sub-miniature.jpg
And here is the page for switches.

Martin

I am not sure I understand what you mean by latching. This usually refers to a pushbutton that you push once for on and again for off. Yet you mention slide switches, which you slide to one side for on and to the other for off.

Does the switch really have to be a latching switch (as I described it), where the same action is take for on and off or does a normal slide switch work for you?

Bob

Thanks for the reply
I am in the UK
Possibly I am on the wrong forum
John

I can assure you, you are not on the wrong forum. Our members can be located anywhere in the world, most of the regular posters are from the USA and Britain. Our electronics standards around the world are mostly the same, and the language of diagrams is universal. You will be hard pressed to find a popular British only electronics forum.

With patience and sufficient description, any question may be answered here.

Stick with it, this site is a very useful resource to any electronics hobbyist or enthusiast.

Thir Martaine . . . . . ( Th. .poken with a lispth)

"Here here....
I couldn't have put it better!!"

Thertainly you could have . . . . try:

Hear HEAR !

73's de Edd

Stick with it, this site is a very useful resource to any electronics hobbyist or enthusiast
This site HERE!!!
Noboby said "oi listen"
Hear me now?
I replied here to show you I hear what you are saying!
A forum without audio! EP? Here?
Or a figure of speech? Here is best?
To listen ? Hear....

Yeah, you are right....As Uncle Chris would say "I goofed big time"!!!:p
Thanks for the correction!!

Martin