Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Simple 'Blink' Circuit / PCB

Hello,

I would like to make 10mm LED light kits running off a 9V DC battery blink in alternating fashion.

I have the basic kits figured out, but I would like to put a very simple 'blink' curcuit board inline with the lights to have them alternately blink.

For Example:

16 LEDs (8 blue and 8 white) are run to the Circuit Board -> wires then go from the curcuit board to the 9V battery and on/off toggle switch. When the toggle is turned on, the 8 blue would turn on while the white were off, then the 8 white would turn on while the blue turned off, and so on and so on... The time can be static at say half a second or 1 full second between flashing. It doesn't matter much and I don't need / want to control the timing.

I know very little about electronics, but I have to imagine such a simple circuit board would be cheap and readily available, but for the life of me, I can't find one online (I probably don't know what to search for).

I would like to avoid creating the circuit board myself and I don't mind buying 100 of them if I have to. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find such a circuit board?

Thanks in advance!

have this ciruit laying around, there were issues of too many LEDs but I am sure someone can fix it if they get time
httpwwwbowdenshobbycirc.gif

Thanks for your reply!

Is there a manufacturer / shop where I can buy such a circuit (or one similar) already made?

You could try to fnd a cheap toy that blinks lights alternately and take out the board from it.

Bob

If you want a custom run of boards done to your specs I would be willing to help you out, especially if you are in the market for 100 of them that makes a run much more economical...