Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sharp Microwave oven Model R-330J(S) loose conectio ribbon cable

Hi
Yesterday I tried to clean my Sharp Microwave oven Model R-330J(S) from two small cockroaches were in the display (microwave was working).

After cleaning and when I tried to put every thing back together I realized that connection between the ribbon cable and the display is loose and when I tried to power it on, no digit numbers appeared in the display and no light as well.

Now I am looking for fix that lose connection what type of glue should be used to fix that issue.

Microwave was working before I cleaned it and there is no soldiering used for the connection above. It is type of glue or adhesive materiel

Thanks

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Oh dear.

That ribbon cable may be a zebra connector.

Do the connections look like small pieces of black rubber?

Is it an LCD display?

You may be in for a world of pain.

On the other hand, if the ribbon cable has a connector on the end that looks like it has either pins or holes in it, it may simply have become detached from a circuit board.

Hi Steve

I will explain my problem in details

I have a Sharp Carousel microwave model R-330J(S) and cleaned two small cockroaches out of the front display.

Removed, cover, front display/keypad, disconnected all wiring, removed circuit board from front cover, please see the picture below

http://tinypic.com/r/v45jtf/5

v45jtf.jpg

I reassembled it but the ribbon (third picture from the top) cable from the keypad has no connector and I assume is placed between the board that it needs to touch and the rubber guard (i.e rubber strip with the carbon looking center line ,first and second pictures from the top) from the display but I can't get it right,,,the problem I didn't take picture before I disassembled it

I tried different scenario but most of all keypad was not working I assume its to do with the way this ribbon connector is sitting, as the keypad was not faulty prior to me pulling it apart.

How can I re-assemble this correctly ? everything else looks fine its just the keypad that isn't working.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Steve

I will explain my problem in details

I have a Sharp Carousel microwave model R-330J(S) and cleaned two small cockroaches out of the front display.

Removed, cover, front display/keypad, disconnected all wiring, removed circuit board from front cover, please see the picture below

http://tinypic.com/r/v45jtf/5

v45jtf.jpg

I reassembled it but the ribbon (third picture from the top) cable from the keypad has no connector and I assume is placed between the board that it needs to touch and the rubber guard (i.e rubber strip with the carbon looking center line ,first and second pictures from the top) from the display but I can't get it right,,,the problem I didn't take picture before I disassembled it

I tried different scenario but most of all keypad was not working I assume its to do with the way this ribbon connector is sitting, as the keypad was not faulty prior to me pulling it apart.

How can I re-assemble this correctly ? everything else looks fine its just the keypad that isn't working.

Thanks

Hello,

I’m pretty sure you already have a new microwave. The ribbon actually sits between the LCD glass and the white and black rubber grommet type strip you described. :)