Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 15>x>0 seconds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30>x>16 seconds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Special extra long option for annoying people

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
why do you have a 30 seccond delay after every search ? it gets so annoying when you are trying to find something fast , can't you have a 15 seccond delay or something? because i allways have to wait 10-15 secconds before i can search again. Its getting very fustrating now :(

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Lewis, if it was in my power I'd impose a delay of 12 hours between your posts.

I don't appreciate you leaving me private messages to read your thread. I tend to read all threads and I reply if I feel I can be of assistance. The effort you've put me to today makes me less inclined to.

What are you searching for? I find Google to be a very effective search tool and it doesn't have any inbuilt delays.

im only trying to help!!!! yet you put 150 people , and change one of the poll options. im pretty sure it says "Announcements, Site Problems & Feedback" its called feedback , and you have just baised the poll now, change it back , and if your refering to the earlier threat about vinny , how would you like it if your boss moves away (24 hours away) and you dont have any contact of him , wouldnt you like to get hold of him? and no not if im searching for attiny threads ( that is what im best to help people with ) as i have had lots of experiance in attiny products and some avr things also.

The timeout is set to stop people and mostly kids with toys from causing the server to overload itself and stop working so the people who actually care about this site can use it.

im only trying to help!!!!
Your not helping anyone if you need to use the search button twice in less then thirty seconds. Read some threads and post some answers. I guarantee it will take longer then 30 seconds.

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
So far I've deleted 4 of your posts for being pointless, and moved a similar number for being totally off-topic, and thought "yeah, sure" after reading several others.

You need to look at your posts and think "Is this post going to contribute" before you hit "Post". I'm rapidly forming an opinion about you, so please do your best to prove me wrong and make me want to eat my words.

Sure, I edited the poll. It's pointless. Ian will probably tell you that the time between searches is determined in such a way as to improve server performance. If you approach things the right way he would probably listen to what you say, but this isn't a democracy, it's Ian's web site. You've only been here 5 minutes. It's not the time to start making demands.

This is Electronics Point, not Facebook or Friendster. Perhaps one of them would be a better place to search for your boss?

As for your search, have you tried this? ElectronicsPoint is very well indexed by Google.

Your not helping anyone if you need to use the search button twice in less then thirty seconds. Read some threads and post some answers. I guarantee it will take longer then 30 seconds.

if your trying to look up a specific thing like attiny 24 and no-one has put up a thread and you now want to seach at tiny in general you cant .but i see your point about the servers now.

So far I've deleted 4 of your posts for being pointless
its pointless having a introductions forum if you cant talk to people , im pretty sure the introduction forum is to introduce yourself and i asked him if he was a mate of mine that moved away , so no way is that pointless in that forum.

This is Electronics Point, not Facebook or Friendster. Perhaps one of them would be a better place to search for your boss?
yes i know that but, that forum is kindof like it, i was simply talking to a mate ok ?!?!?

Hmmmm,
This is the second post I've read where someone here wants Electronicspoint to
conform to whatever site they're otherwise used to being on, somewhere else.
I find it interesting that instead of staying on those other websites, people wind-up
coming here.
I guess it's hard to be humble, when you're the best.