Maker Pro
Maker Pro

SA VK72D panasonic 5 disc stero is stuck at disc change

panasonic 5 disc stero is stuck at disc change how do i get it to work again as it did before. i m assuming it got stuck due to improper shutdown at power cuts or maybe i m wrong.

any help on this?

Hello littleangel,
I think you will need to open the stereo and manually release the changer.
It more than likely got stuck by a disc not inserted properly or the stereo was moved and dislodged the CD from the tray.
Don't turn it on.....Take it apart!! (Dave Jones)

Martin

i am attaching pics...can't seem to figure it out.plz tell me where is the changer....plus ones i switch it on theres no action in the cd thing inside , it only blinks change disc on the front.

Attachments

• DSC02269.JPG
    DSC02269.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC02271.JPG
    DSC02271.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 184
i dismantled it removed he cds and reassembled it...now atleast the disc holder comes out and closes on it own on power on. other times the front makes a attempt as it trying to open the cd holder. ...the button like open/close . disc change etc non seem to work during this time except the power on btn

Sometimes you may find a slipping belt or a stripped gear (nylon) but these are complex mechanical designs.
Difficult enough for the experienced to decipher a fault let alone try to diagnose from a distance.