Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Res dip pack multisim

Does anyone know where I could find the resistor package labelled rpack7 in the attached screen shot please

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-18-20-10-42.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-18-20-10-42.png
    347.3 KB · Views: 129

davenn

Does anyone know where I could find the resistor package labelled rpack7 in the attached screen shot please

search Farnell, mouser or digikey for resistor packs and find a compatible one, probably wont have Rpack7 on it tho ... but that is irrelevent

Ok excuse my ignorance but I have looked on mouser and found a part that I think fits the bill but how would I go about importing it into multisim the only thing I can find to download is the data sheet.
I've wanted to use multisI'm for years to improve my electronics knowledge but always come up against missing components and can't work out how to get hold of them

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
I haven't used multisim (yet), but since the part is just seven resistors that happen to be in the same package, why not just "model" it as seven discrete resistors? Is the pin-out of the resistor pack important to multisim modeling?

I've spent hours trying to follow 2 sets of instructions and keep coming up against dead ends
The first set of instructions are are from multisim to create a new component from scratch but I followed the instruction and theres no footprint to select as detailed in the instructions
I tried to follow another set of instruction which uses a similar component already in the data Base and explains how to modify it

Same again you get so far and something doesnt tie up either there isn't a close enough match in the data Base or information you need to input whilst making the component doesn't exist on the datasheet

This seems like an almost impossible task lol

I was looking for the same thing and i think that what you can find what you need if:
1) Press the sortcut Ctrl + W.
2) Choose the Group: Basic.
3) Choose the Family: RPACK.
4) Choose the Component: 7Line_Isolated.
5) Right click on the RPACK, go on the "Value" tab and change the resistors from 1kΩ to 180Ω or whatever you need.