Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Repairing power supply of Ogawa Reflexology

Hi all,

I am in the midst of checking the components on the power board and noticed that when I run through a check on this component, it seems to be shorted.

I've taken this component to my local electronics store to find a replacement, but they themselves are unsure what this component is. To me, it looks like a capacitor, but the markings on the component does not point it to being a capacitor, or am I wrong?

Hence, what is this component and where can I buy a replacement online? Tx

Attachments

• IMG_1321.jpg
    IMG_1321.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 104
is there any hint on the board as to what the component might be ? did you try a online search? it also might be a proprietary component .

jc

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
It should be short circuit. it's a 250mA PTC fuse.

I was thinking PTC, but I suspect that a 250mA PTC would have an easily measurable resistance. I'm also not familiar with the failure mode of these devices. Open or short?

I was thinking PTC, but I suspect that a 250mA PTC would have an easily measurable resistance. I'm also not familiar with the failure mode of these devices. Open or short?

Good point Steve

1.3R to 3.8R but if he was measuring on continuity setting then the meter would probably buzz down as that low a value. Which maybe why he said shorted?
Thanks
Adam