Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Repairing old stereo

Hi
First I have to say my English is not good
i`m trying to repair and change an stereo system witch consists of two board. one of them is main board and the other one that is connected to main is just have screen and some Buttons to change the mode between caset Cd aux radio, on it. the second board is corrupted and in fact i dont need it
i want to just make and aux amplifire from that stereo becuse the cd and caset player are broken and i dont need them at all i want to place the main board + dc adapter into small box and use it as an aux input sound system but the problem is whitout the second board i cant set the mode into aux and i dont have enough knowlage to find out what to do or connect witch part of board to another part myself but if somone show me the way i can do it.
Thanks

Last edited:
Who is the manufacturer, and what is the model number of your stereo?
There is usually a nameplate somewhere on the unit with this information. Look on the back or bottom.

Hi :)
to find out whether your job is possible, we need to gather information. @shrtnd is quite good at that sort of thing, give him a chance!

I've been for a look myself, and although I did find, and download, a manual there wasn't any description of the electronics included.
It might not be possible to operate either board without the other; in other words you might need both boards.
I think myself that it would not be in Samsung's interests to make the boards into simple units that people could re-use for other purposes.

Nuts.
I, can't do it. I can't find a schematic on this unit either.
To people like us, a schematic is a road-map that gets us from one point to another within the circuits.
Somebody here might be able to come up with some ideas if we have close-up pictures of the connections
to the circuit boards.
As it is, I can't find anything useful to help you with this.
Do you know anybody nearby you, that tinkers in electronic repairs? A hobbyist maybe?
We have guys here who could figure this out if we had the unit in front of us. But with no schematic,
we're pretty much at a loss.
poor mystic pretty-much summed-up the problem. The entire unit was designed for multi-purpose use.
Some of the components are probably shared. It SOUNDS easy to just separate the amplifier section from
everything else, but without a good look at the actual circuitry involved, there's too much guesswork involved.
Also, sorry about the delay in a reply. No one monitors this site 24/7. We can't always respond quickly.
I had been checking with other sources to try to find a schematic on your unit, and had to wait for their replies.
This might be easy to do, and it might not. We just don't know from the description of the problem we have.

Nuts.
I, can't do it. I can't find a schematic on this unit either.
To people like us, a schematic is a road-map that gets us from one point to another within the circuits.
Somebody here might be able to come up with some ideas if we have close-up pictures of the connections
to the circuit boards.
As it is, I can't find anything useful to help you with this.
Do you know anybody nearby you, that tinkers in electronic repairs? A hobbyist maybe?
We have guys here who could figure this out if we had the unit in front of us. But with no schematic,
we're pretty much at a loss.
poor mystic pretty-much summed-up the problem. The entire unit was designed for multi-purpose use.
Some of the components are probably shared. It SOUNDS easy to just separate the amplifier section from
everything else, but without a good look at the actual circuitry involved, there's too much guesswork involved.
Also, sorry about the delay in a reply. No one monitors this site 24/7. We can't always respond quickly.
I had been checking with other sources to try to find a schematic on your unit, and had to wait for their replies.
This might be easy to do, and it might not. We just don't know from the description of the problem we have.
Thanks a lot

Sir mkhb75 . . . . . . .

Can you confirm for me, if the potted audio output module on your unit is being a TDA7265?
This info is probably all that you need if you are using line level audio into it.

Relevant Schema Snippet:

Samsung Max910 Schema Snippet.png

73's de Edd

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and thank a lot for your answer.
The IC model on my board is TDA7440D .
How it can help?

Sir mkhb75 . . . . . . .

The TDA7440D 28 pin I.C. which you are finding in that unit is for handling low level audio and tone control.

You need to look around the boards until you find this part mounted on a metal heat sink for its cooling.

images

Then, you will have found that circuitry area , which I have shown in the schematic

73's de Edd