Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Removing the chassis of Minion P55

Hi:
I have seen a discussion that occurred several years back in this group on reparing a Minifon P55. However, that did not address the question of how the chassis is removed from the case. I have read elsewhere that a single bolt on the back of the case had to be removed (which was obvious to me) but it did not say how or what tool is used to remove the bolt. The bolt/screw in question is unusual. It is not a slotted screw or one with a hex head. It has two tiny holes that are diametrically opposite and near the edge (please see the photo). I hope someone in this group -perhaps the person who was repairing his Minifon years back - can answer the question.

Thank you.

Raj

upload_2016-9-4_9-15-40.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have taken a small slotted screwdriver and used a dremel with a thin cutoff wheel and made my own drivers that will turn these type screws. You basically have to use the cutoff wheel as a grinding disc to remove a portion of the end of the flat blade.

Thank you Jared. I got it apart.

Raj

P.S.: I just noticed that the title of this thread got changed by spell checker to Minion instead of Minifon.