Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Recap vintage mixing console

I have a 40 year old mixing consule that I would like to recap the electrolytes in 1 channel. I'm looking to get the advice on which caps to use to replace the old ones with. There is 1 100uf 10v, 2, 220uf 35v, and 2 100uf 50v. The caps I was going to use are vishay 136 series. There are also 8, 10uf, 25v that seem to be decoupling or coupling caps used with each tlo71cp opamp. For those I was going to use nichicon plf series. The vishays are low impedance low esr, and high ripple. Nichicon the same. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Harald Kapp

I would like to recap the electrolytes in 1 channel
While you're at it, replace all electrolytics, not just 1 channel. The others are in as bad a condition as the ones in this channel.
You can use any capacitor with the same capacitance and the same or higher voltage rating. Low ESR and high ripple are probably notrequired, but going for these types doesn't hurt either as these are usually of high quality, something you may appreciate in an audio mixer.
Note that modern capacitors will likely be much smaller, given the same capacity and voltage rating as the old ones. You may have to bend the leads to fit the existing holes in the PCB(s).

While you're at it, replace all electrolytics, not just 1 channel. The others are in as bad a condition as the ones in this channel.
You can use any capacitor with the same capacitance and the same or higher voltage rating. Low ESR and high ripple are probably notrequired, but going for these types doesn't hurt either as these are usually of high quality, something you may appreciate in an audio mixer.
Note that modern capacitors will likely be much smaller, given the same capacity and voltage rating as the old ones. You may have to bend the leads to fit the existing holes in the PCB(s).
Thanks for reply. I plan on doing all electrolytes but just starting with 1 channel. I've already replaced power supply filter caps. I was just making sure that the low esr and high ripple was going to be ok for the 10uf 25v caps also. My other consule uses non- polar for the 10uf 25v caps but I've I decided to replace these with the same type. Thanks again

Moderators note : removed the multiple quotes.