Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RailGun: Where To Start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone, I have recently been coming to this site and to read great tips on the building of RailGuns. After reading through many articles and trying my hand at a few different high Voltage products(EMP Gun, Coil Gun etc.) I have come to realize this task is way out of my league.

So the question I have for you all is, where should I start. What projects should I build to gain more knowledge of Farads, capacitors and general electronics. What are good projects that will set me on a path to be able to build a RailGun?

And If some of you think that a RailGun is not out of my league, where should I start with that(purchase and study wise).

Thank you for taking the time to read this question! Also, if this question has already been asked/answered, please give me a link to that thread because I could not find it.

Thank You!

davenn

hi @Gizmotix Co.

Sorry but we don't allow weapon discussion or things that could easily be made into a weapon on this forum

This is because we have no control over who may use the information for dangerous/illegal activities
and we don't want to open ourselves up to legal action against us

thankyou for understanding

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.