Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Question regarding electromechanical piano wiring

Hello all, I am currently constructing a DIY 61 key electromechanical musical keyboard based off the Fender Rhodes. During my testing phase, I have wound a pickup myself with which I am going to base the 60 other pickups off of. Currently testing the one pickup, I simply run this into my Roland/Edirol UA-25 USB interface to send the audio into Cubase.

So now you know my setup, my question is as follows regarding electronics theory. If I have 61 pickups wired in series, will the microphone input of the USB interface provide sufficient power for all 61 pickups, or will I need to introduce an additional power source into the circuit in order to make them work appropriately?

Thank you

Ps. Below I have attatched an image of the construction I am emulating.

DSCF0578.jpg

I would think that running in parallel would be better than running in series and it looks to me that this is how it is wired. Having large loops of wire could introduce noise so I would experiment with one octave feeding a virtual earth amplifier and then adding four other octaves.

How does Fender Rhodes do it?

Also my input. When you build this, be especially careful about planning to prevent the introduction of 'noise' into your circuit.