Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Question about circuit boards. Repairing a tv

I'm replacing a board in a Samsung plasma TV. When I look up the part number as well as the board numbers I find the board I'm looking for but with one difference, I find that some of the boards have what look like a "resistor connected to a small heatsink and the same board model numbers identical have the heatsink resistor spot etched onto the board but without the components. I figured that if I buy the replacement board that comes with the heatsink combo then that may give me a little better security? Because my board that isn't working anymore did not come with those components originally. Like I said both board have identical model and product numbers ect. Will either board work?

I'm replacing a board in a Samsung plasma TV. When I look up the part number as well as the board numbers I find the board I'm looking for but with one difference, I find that some of the boards have what look like a "resistor connected to a small heatsink and the same board model numbers identical have the heatsink resistor spot etched onto the board but without the components. I figured that if I buy the replacement board that comes with the heatsink combo then that may give me a little better security? Because my board that isn't working anymore did not come with those components originally. Like I said both board have identical model and product numbers ect. Will either board work?
I would say yes, but you should verify this with the vendor.
It's not unusual to have revisions on a board to resolve problems found after first run.
If the added heatsink is the only difference, I'd say your fine provided there's no clearance problem.