Maker Pro
Maker Pro

PURE Chronos CD No volume

Harald Kapp

No output in both CD mode and in radio mode?
  • What is your electronics experience?
  • Are you willing and able to open the case and do a first visual inspection for any possible obvious issue (lose cables, obviously defunct components)?
  • Do you have measuring equipment (a least a multimeter)?

Thanks for the reply,
I have some basic knowledge. I have opened the unit. Isolated the speakers. Tried the jack with headphones. Still no sound. I have a multimeter but not sure where to look. I can not locate a schematic or any associated diagram for the PURE Chandos II purchased in 2009.
I have looked for any obvious burnt out components, non to be seen. The display shows all normal functions but no sound output.

Is the headphones jack a standard 2.5 or 3.5 stereo jack?.
These normally have a ‘switch’ via a metal link that opens or closes the circuit. Can you see and verify this is actually working and is contacting either or?.
upload_2020-11-25_21-32-19.jpeg

Martin

Is the headphones jack a standard 2.5 or 3.5 stereo jack?.
These normally have a ‘switch’ via a metal link that opens or closes the circuit. Can you see and verify this is actually working and is contacting either or?.
View attachment 49911

Martin
Martin,
Thanks for replying.
The jack is 2.5. I can just hear a busing from the earplugs and the speakers but only on high volume settings, so power is getting to them. Still no sound from FM, DAB or CD

Regards
Mick

The headphones isolate the speakers when plugged in . Noise from each speaker. Noise from Headphones and speakers when switching to Standby.
Regards
Mick