Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pug mill power switch wiring

Hi all, I've been asked by a friend to see if i can repair his pug mill, looking at the wiring of the switch i can see a blue (neutral) wire hanging free. Looking at the switch box and the wires i'm not confident it is robust, I don't like the floating terminal block. I've attached photo's so you can all see and advise if i just need to reinsert the neutral wire in it's appropriate terminal or if i need to get a new switch and get rid of the floating terminal block? If it's reinserting the neutral wire i'm unsure where it should go. The owner of the pug mill knows not to switch it back on

Or if this job is for a qualified repairer i can advise that alsoIMG_1176.JPG

Thanks in advanceIMG_1175.JPG

Somewhat 'typical' wiring..... it looks as if there is a missing terminal block to join the two loose 'blue' wires. Unless I'm not 'seeing' the picture properly???

Can't see the whole wiring arrangement from the images you've posted. Where do the motor wires go?

Somewhat 'typical' wiring..... it looks as if there is a missing terminal block to join the two loose 'blue' wires. Unless I'm not 'seeing' the picture properly???

Can't see the whole wiring arrangement from the images you've posted. Where do the motor wires go?

Hey K.E, thanks

I can get that photo tomorrow when i return to my workshop, as the pug mill is in the same building.

I would also resplice that brown wire comming out of bottom of that left switch.
It looks like it might be a poor connection.

I never liked the idea of switching a neutral wire (for safety reasons) especially if it goes to an external switch.
Its ok (EU) as long as hot and neutral are simultaneously switched, but the idea of switching off the neutral remotely scares me.

Why else would their be a terminal strip?
I'd expect the blue wire would go directly into the top of switch on the right.

I would also resplice that brown wire comming out of bottom of that left switch.
It looks like it might be a poor connection.

I never liked the idea of switching a neutral wire (for safety reasons) especially if it goes to an external switch.
Its ok (EU) as long as hot and neutral are simultaneously switched, but the idea of switching off the neutral remotely scares me.

Why else would their be a terminal strip?
I'd expect the blue wire would go directly into the top of switch on the right.

hey there, thanks

I'm out of my depth here, but can follow instructions. But will endeavor to get a comprehensive view/drawing of how it is fully wired tomorrow. If it needs 'wholly re wiring/new/different switch that's safer I'll follow your folks advice