Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Projector not turning on, lights flashing

Hi!
I got hold of a non fuctioning 5 years old Epson EB-1925W projector. When pressing power on, after few seconds the fans started to blow at full speed and 3 red leds started flashing. That is an internal error according to the manual. So i ordered a new ballast board from China. After i changed the ballast everything worked fine for a few hours. Then it started to turn off the lamp after 3 minutes or so and blink the leds again. Yesterday i watched two full length movies with no problems, today it won't light up at all. The lamp is an original spare with only 200 hours in the counter. There is no dust anywhere and all the fans work fine. Could the Chinese ballast been faulty or is there some other fault that could cause this behavior or make ballast boards burn?
Seppo

Thanks for the anwer. My electronics skills are limited, maybe i could get some readings with my multimeter trying to get to the wires between power source and ballast. I don' know what readings i should get and do i get any if the self diagnostics shutdown the projector right after startup. The spare ballast was 65 euros and the same Chinese store would sell also the power supply board for 86 euros. Im thinking, should i trash the projector or still take some risks bying new spare parts.

be very carefull its 230w power.first check without load ..
if you cant repair it,i have read on youtube that some epson projector(this is not a joke)
can work after you throw them on soft rug from above 3 feet,if the problem is temperature sensor.

read the second top comment

Thanks again. This is not a temperature sensor problem, different leds are blinking. Could be power source related but since there seems to be 385V 5,8A current present i better find a professional to check that. You also can sometimes repair iPad screens by giving them a few hard blows just like our grandfathers used to fix their B/W televisions.

If there is a flashing red lamp, Lamp has a problem.
You need to check if the lamp is burned out. If you got a broken lamp, reseat or replace the lamp as necessary.
To make sure it works, the vents and air filter are not clogged with dust or obstructed by nearby objects. If nothing happens, unplug the projector and contact Epson for help or buy a new portable projector.