Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Project Log Section

Ian

Administrator
It was suggested that we have a Project Log section on EP, where members can post an ongoing thread of a project they are currently working on. This new section (here) will allow a member to have an exclusive thread, so that they are the only ones able to update the thread - so that a clean thread can be created as the project evolves with new updates.

As comments can't be posted within the project log threads, an automated discussion thread is created and linked to from every new log. :)

I can't wait to see how this works, so I hope it will be of use :D.

Very nice work ian and to whomever suggested it. We will see how it works, but plenty of forums could benefit from this at first glance.

Hi Ian.
As Jackorocko said yes nice job adding this section to the forum, i cant add anything at the minute, illness etc, but really hoping other members will share the latest creations in there, the way its split with the project / discussion part separate is a cool idea, leaving the project part uninterrupted by other talk.

Really looking forward to other projects and learning from them as well, cool stuff.
Dave. :)

ok, there is some issues going on here.

First off I posted a test reply in the project log section and it worked. When I tried to reply to a thread in the discussion sub-forum I was told I had no permission, but yet I can start a new thread in the discussion sub-forum (which I don't think is right, should be all discussion to one project in one discussion thread). Also, the link at the top of the project log that is supposed to link to the discussion thread instead links to a irrelevant thread not having anything to do with the project thread.

So to put it bluntly, the project log section is not working as described. Not that I can see anyway.

Last edited:
Hi Jackorocko.
Ive just left a reply to where your not suppose to be able to post, in the log thread, i see what you mean now, so yes it seems there is a small glitch there, maybe Ian can have a look when he gets a minute, yes understood now. :)
PS, if need be i would think Ian could move the discussion part of the post below my modest project.

Ian

Administrator
Yep, it looks like there are some problems with the project log section - I'm working on fixing it now :)

Ian

Administrator
Ok, it looks like the automatic discussion thread creation is causing problems - so I've disabled it for now and it means that the author will need to manually create a thread. Not ideal, but should work ok :)