Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Problem with Synchronous Motor

Hi

I have a globe light. One that has LEDs inside, and a Synchronous Motor. It was dropped on the floor, and the shaft from the Synchronous Motor was damaged. I've bought a replacement Synchronous Motor, connected it to the circuit and it doesn’t work. I have even tried connecting it straight to the 6v AC. Still nothing. You can feel an initial restistence in the motor every time it’s connected to the power, but still it doesn’t rotate. I have four of these motors, and get the same result from all four. I can only guess that I’m doing something wrong.

Any advice please would be appreciated.

It’s a

TYC-30
AC 6V
50/60Hz ROHS
5 rimin 1-1.5
CW/CCW

The same specs as the original motor, only it has a different model number. Couldn’t find the original anywhere. The ones I have came from China

So it is not even turning at 5rpm?
It looks like a simple timer motor with just 2 connections,
Sure you have the right voltage?
They usually have a small internal 'kicker' to start it off in one particular direction.
M.

Yeah

The globe is 6v. Even when I try 6v, direct from the adaptor, nothing. All you can feel is a slight resistance, but no actual turning.

What is the supply voltage reading?
Sounds like no power.
Where did you get the "straight from 6v ac" adaptor?
Perhaps show a few pics.

Seems it will spin either direction and the "friction" you feel is probably just the gearing.

Last edited: