Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Problem with SAMSUNG LE22A457C1D Television

Good day dear friends.

I have this problem with my tv.

When i turn on the tv the led indicator starts blinking and the tv comes on for 1-2 seconds then the lamps turn off and screen goes black. When i look closely i can see the picture meaning the tv works fine but the lamps are off.

Now the power supply outputs the correct voltages to the main pcb. the problem i think is located at the section that powers the lamps.

Here is the power supply i am talking about:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Board...r-SAMSUNG-LE22B450C4-LA22B360C5-/260879477763

This tv uses the TM-0917 inverter. I have removed this and i tested the coils with a multimeter.
Primary shows 0 ohms (shorted) (multimeter beeps when in beeper mood) shows 0 ohms at all scales. The secondary coils both give me a 1 Kohm if i remember correctly.
(measurements taken with the inverter removed from the pcb)

I have no idea if the values i measure are the values that the TM-0917 sould have but the 0 Ohms on the primary makes me think that it is shorted.

I measured voltage on primary and for the time period that the lamps come on i get 200V
If the primary was indeed shorted then i sould be getting no voltage correct ?

I think that the problem is either the TM-0917 or a little chip that the primary coil is connected to.

I have removed the TM-0917 and measured voltage across the primary coil terminals on the pcb.
I get no voltage at all. Could it be because the chip is sensing the absence of the inverter ?

I am a little confused here.

Any help apreciated !!!

Last edited:
I was thinking to test the inverter useing 220V ac

if it works then i should be getting voltage at the secondary coils.
If it is indeed shorted then it will just knock my house relay down (LOL)

But safety first so i am not going to do that because i really have no idea if this inverter is capable of takeing 220V input.

I found a schematic and it says that the primary coil has a resistance of 0,013 Ohm

That is why i read short circuit with my multimeter.

davenn

sounds reasonable :)

I have discovered that its most commonly the driver IC(s) for the lamp supply PSU section that fail
They are probably surface mount ones on the bottom side of the board

Dave