Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Probes for Oscilloscope

Hi I have just bought my first Oscilloscope which is an old Telequipment D1015. It is a 15Mhz one but it didn't come with any probes. My understanding is I cant just get a BNC cable and solder croc clips to the end. When I search google for 15mhz probes the only ones I can find are £74 which seams a little much. Can I use any probes. ie. ones rated at 60Mhz? if not where can i get some cheap ones?

Thanks Gavin

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
I would look at something like this.

Probably (certainly) not the best probes in the world, but enough to get you started.

thanks for the reply

Im in the UK so if I find any probe that is rated as 15mhz or higher then that would be fine?

I am only working with analogue audio equipment.

Thanks gavin

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Well, kinda. You preferably want correctly matching 15MHz probes. 20MHz is probably close enough. Higher frequency probes may have incorrect capacitance leading to waveforms being deformed too much to be corrected by the probe adjustment.

Your scope will probably have a test point on it that produces a square wave. This is used as a reference when you're adjusting the probe. The manual should describe how to do it (you adjust the probe until the square wave looks squarest!)

Check that place again. The price includes postage. :)