Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Prisoner in Home - alarm system Safewatch Pro 2000 @ Stay

The system was installed prior to my purchase of the home. I’ve owned & rented home out for 10 years. Moved into it 5 years ago, had ADT come out, remove or bypass a zone ? not sure which but working with no issues.

Keypad started chirping low battery, looked at system, transformer was burned. Ordered new battery and transformer from Amazon. Installed both today, tested alarm sirens etc., turned chimes on & was adding a second user # when alarm went to stay.
I’ve tried turning it off, entering code and OFF, it does not work. If I open a door, siren Blair forever...

Unplugged it, disconnected the battery, control pannel alarm is still “Armed, Stay, Red, with “ the O2 03 above” alternate blinking.
Wondering if this has something to do with the zone that ADT bypassed or removed?

Any help, suggestion really appreciated. My dog is going to have to go outside pretty soon... bedtime.
Thanks

For now, disconnect the battery and unplug the transformer. Unless there is an alternate power source, the keypad should also go dark. The alarm will not sound. This will remove power and turn the system completely off so your dog can go outside.

Have you tried the second user code you were trying to enter yet to see if you can disarm the system? If so, did you try your original code? Try it with just the transformer plugged in, so you can pull it if the alarm is about to go off.

There are other steps to take, but let's see if using your original, and/or the second user, code works first.

Unplugged it, disconnected the battery, control pannel alarm is still “Armed, Stay, Red, with “ the O2 03 above” alternate blinking.
Wondering if this has something to do with the zone that ADT bypassed or removed?

It's impossible for your panel to still have keypad and siren working after you've "unplugged it and disconnected battery." My best guess is that you unplugged a transformer for some other device than the alarm system panel. The "Safewatch Pro 2000" transformer is a beige 16.5 VAC (usually 40VA) plastic-encased wall wart, usually (not always) near the control panel (not the keypad(s).

To be sure it's not getting AC power, take the wire(s) off Terminal 1, the far left terminal on the terminal strip at the bottom of the control panel board. Tape the end of the wire so it doesn't touch anything.

EDIT:
Unless there is an alternate power source,
the keypad should also go dark.

Come to think of it, OP may have unplugged the transformer for an Auxiliary Power Supply, which was probably also 16.5 VAC. Immediate resolution is the same: Look for other transformers.

Last edited:
If your zone disable/ bypass was done as a programmed command, and not done in hardware, a total power outage will normally reset any bypass programmed, and enable all zones when panel is powered up.

If your zone disable/ bypass was done as a programmed command, and not done in hardware, a total power outage will normally reset any bypass programmed, and enable all zones when panel is powered up.

Gorgon, I appreciate your desire to help, but Dholly's alarm control panel is a Honeywell Vista-20SE (which ADT re-labeled "Safewatch Pro 2000").

I don't know much about alarm systems in Europe, but I know that they're done differently than in North America: The equipment, wiring, and programming are all different. What you say probably makes sense for alarm systems in Norway, but not for Dholly's system. I've been a professional alarm technician (In the British dialect, I'd be called a "field engineer") for 40-ish years, and I have worked on her model panel since it was new, around 20-ish years ago. A power cycle (off-and-on) does not reset any of the panel programming.
This is true of all professional-grade alarm system control panels in North America, but I'm especially familiar with Honeywell Vista model panels.

Whatever was done with her errant zone 5 years ago is NOT the cause of her system arming now, nor the failure of her code to disarm the system. I have ideas about what happened, but the immediate priority is to get the system powered down, which I hope Dholly was able to do, so she could let her dog out and not be "trapped".

@Dholly: I assume you went to bed and that's why you haven't posted again yet. Please let us know what you've done and what your status is.