Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Power Supply from ViewSonic PC Monitor

Hi All

My ViewSonic monitor quit working and I know it is many times a capacitor issue and in the ViewSonic case, in the power supply unit.
I pulled the power supply and I can see various locations where capacitors/other components leaked. I posted a picture of what I found and have a few questions about the components.

The arrow labeled "A" points to three components that appear to have leaked. What type of a component are they?

The arrow labeled "B" (middle bottom up arrow) points to another light blue component. This is a capacitor, yes?

The last arrow "C" points to the leakage in the area of the large capacitor and a light blue component. The capacitor looks fine with no "bulging" but the light blue component is not big enough to supplied that magnitude of spillage. Any comments on how to address the issue there?

Finally, I am wondering if the magnitude of failure is worth trying to fix. A new monitor of this size is $100-$140.

Thanks for helping me learn.

Attachments

• ViewSonic VX2235wm Noted.jpg
    ViewSonic VX2235wm Noted.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 126
Welcome to electronicsPoint.

You need to change the capacitors in the red circle.
the other capacitors in the yellow circle appear to be ok but i would change them just in case.

the top left part with the blue capacitors is filled with hot glue. That is no leakage.

Your monitos should work after replaceing the above if there is no other damage :)

Attachments

• ViewSonic VX2235wm.jpg
    ViewSonic VX2235wm.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 144
Thanks for the quick response HellasTechn!!
I posted the original picture without my notes, I will correct my original post soon, but I have attached the correct picture with this response.

There were a couple other areas that I was concerned about as well. My arrows A, B, and C seem to point to other problems as well. Any comments?

Attachments

• ViewSonic VX2235wm Noted.jpg
    ViewSonic VX2235wm Noted.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 149
That is exactly what it is. It is white silicone to keep parts in place before they are soldered.

You are welcomed !
Thanks again. I looked at eBay last night and it seems like they offered all the capacitors needed. Is that where most go to purchase electronics parts?