Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Power Electronics for Beginners

Hi all,
I am looking to re train in the field of electric vehicle technology. Alot of what I see is based on DCDC topolgies, inverters, SMPS design etc.
Could anyine recommend a course (online) or a good book that can help me to understand this subject area?
Thanks in advance

I'd be inclined to think the power section would be a small part of any overall electric vehicle design.
More likely the sensors, microcontrollers and programming would take up the vast area of knowledge requirement.

Aside from that, most vehicle warranty requirements which can go for many years, would be any repairer/service agent would need to be certified.
Think you might find it would also be covered under any government legislation.
The last thing they need is for amateurs to be playing around with equipment on vehicles which operate on public roads.

Last edited:
Yes of course! If you want to learn about Power electronics then you should do Training online. Through online training, seminars and webinars are trending. You can watch and learn at your own pace with a series of videos, ranging from intermediate to advanced technical training, with new training courses added each year even you can Select any topic and start learning today.

bertus

Hello,

Here is an overview of DC DC converter topologies.

Bertus

Attachments

• cd00003910-topologies-for-switch-mode-power-supplies-stmicroelectronics.pdf
    233.4 KB · Views: 5