Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Portable Mobile Phone charger

Hey there,

I plan to build one portable mobile phone charger. This is because my handphone always runs out of battery and when I need to use my handphone, the battery is empty. So I plan to build this to be used when in emergency case.

Can anyone suggest to me how to build one ?

Is it ok to just use the simple concept of Vin = 9V, Vout=5V from 7805 then use to charge my handphone ? I am using Nokia 5800 XM

Thank you

It would work, but it will require about 3 9V batteries (the small rectangular ones) to charge your phone once.

Bob

Yeah the 7805 should do it for many phones when charging using the USB port but many new phones want in excess of 1amp when charging without a feedback from a USB host, so you might have issues if it things it's hooked up to a 'charger' and draws excess current that it won't draw when hooked to a real USB port...

There are lipo devices designed for just this purpose and they can be had reasonable...

if I can help I have found there are already a heap of portable chargers for mobile phones. I know its not as fun as making your own. the iphone seems to have a heap of solar panel ones, there is the dynamo ones and then a simple battery pack that plugs into the phone charging part.

I tried to build one as the existing one is very expensive..I just want to have a portable charger that is not necessary fully charged my hp.