Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Please help me identify this capacitor

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I just need an answer on this pretty quick so I can order one, and this seemed most active. Basically, I just need to replace this, I am no expert but I looked on ebay under 476 16V and none seemed to match and a lot were pictured upside down, unhelpfully. Which capacitor is this please?

Attachments

• yyyyy.jpg
    yyyyy.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 116

davenn

hi Phil
welcome to Electronics point

its a 47uF 16V capacitor

474 = 0.47uF
475 = 4.7uF
476 = 47uF

cheers
Dave

Also it's a Tantalum capacitor so you have to check on the package size. Tantalum capacitors come in packages in either dimension format or case size like A,B,C and D. Unfortunately you can get the same value of capacitance and the same voltage rating in different sizes so you need to check before you buy.

Thanks
Adam

New Picture.png

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Yes, 47 µF, 16V tantalum capacitor in SMT package. The K may indicate Kemet manufacturer. These are available in several sizes. Measure the dimensions and see which is the closest match.
Size code C: 6.0 × 3.2 mm, 2.8 mm high
Size code D: 7.3 × 4.3 mm, 3.1 mm high
Size code V: 7.3 × 4.3 mm, 2.0 mm high
Tantalum capacitors are known to be unreliable and cheap no-brand ones are likely to be worse than others. I wouldn't trust an anonymous supplier on eBay; Digikey will supply a genuine part. Their selection guide: http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?FV=fff40002,fff8000a,fffc018f,c0003,14000c,3400ba,380009,1140003,2dc155c&ColumnSort=987&stock=1

Adam: Snap!

That is great guys, thank you, its a size C. Do you know what the writing down the side means, it looks like W0 or is it an Ohm symbol and 84? :confused:

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
According to the Kemet data sheets (yes, the K symbol means Kemet), "WO" is the date code - the "O" means October, but "W" doesn't match any of the year letters listed on the data sheet, which cover 2009~2014, and "84" is described as an "internal code", which means that it means something, but they don't want to tell us what.