Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Please Help! Amplifier problem

Guys and Gals, I just replaced 4 toshiba mosfets in a technical pro 2 way loudspeaker, active type. I thought it was the end stage output so the company sent me the mosfets (100 watt each) anyway, one nite it just blew, it went high on everything including bypassing volume controls etc, a huge static noise then i turned it off and used my back up, a gemini 900w....... i opened it even with the waranty because these boards come from a manufacturer in japan who is basically out of business because of the devastation over there, technical pro honered the warranty on anything else except the board and sent the parts. im a novice audio man, electrician by trade but digital is mostly what im familiar with. anyway i re installed the mosfets, double checked they were in, check all ground connections, checked basically everything from any shorts etc, turned on the power, gave it a signal (some music) and nothing....... its got the green power indicator/led so the fuse is good, the power supply looks perfect, i didnt check it but i could but it looks pristine, can anyone give me an idea what else to check? the crossover looks pristine as well. Jim:confused:

update

I took readings from the power supply and it's good, i then check the two power capacitors and looks like they charge to 61.2v and properly discharge, i cant be sure that one is good and one is bad because im reading across paralelled caps, so im gonna switch em both out. also under the caps on the board appeared to be a white substance that maybe leaked, at this point its me, my meter and solder iron! any idea's, any, any at all please let me know. Thanks Jim:(

This thread can be closed, I ended up gutting the housing leaving just the horn, driver and woofer. I was gonna buy a 4 or 5 hundred watt 12vdc amplifier but I found my new RCA surround sound that we dont even use, so I hooked up the woofer to the 4ohm low output and the horn to one of the other outputs for say left front and it works fine, i just cant go too high or it clips, but sounds good and will help the db level which is all i wanted anyway ths way i can run the othe other two lower than normal and not drive em so hard during a show, the company felt so bad they are sending me two condensor microphones for my cymbals! thats nice of em, i said NOT CHEAP ONES EITHER,lol the speaker sounds even better thru my pre amp then thru the surround sound amp/receiver out to the speaker and horn. But like I said Im only getting around 20% but even thats better than nothing right?