Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Please help a noob with setting up a TinyCircuit with two motors and two solenoids.

Hey guys, I am really new to this type of stuff, so as I go through this please point me to any materials that I need to read up on. I am so lost.

Well, here we go. I'm trying to create a controls system for a rocket. I know, big task. But basically all I have to do is set up a TinyCircuit to pull the pin on two solenoid at 750 feet up in the air (which I have successfully simulated by getting a buzzer to beep after traveling 10 feet up my stairs). This will deploy the two parachutes and hopefully turn the rocket around where it will then be controlled by two motors attached to the respective shroud lines in order to control the decent.

That is the general idea, but my electronics experience sucks and I need your guys' help. :/
I'm sure I can get the Arduino code working, but the actual circuitry is what gets me...
My biggest concern is if I can use the one battery (either a 9V or a 3-cell Lithium Polymer 250mAh 11.1 V battery) to power both the motors and the solenoids? Will this transistor set up work? How do I control the solenoid?
Sorry for my inexperience. I appreciate any help.

I also attached my attempt at a circuit diagram, as abysmal as it is. Note: the pin board would be attached on top of the DualMotor board.

Attachments

• IMG_4136.JPG
    IMG_4136.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 88

Harald Kapp

set up a TinyCircuit to pull the pin on two solenoid at 750 feet up in the air (which I have successfully simulated by getting a buzzer to beep after traveling 10 feet up my stairs).
Wow, some really biiiiiig stairs :D

Joking apart: Have you had a look at our resource? What's decribed there can be done with MOSFETs, too. As Dorke wrote, we would need the type numbers of components you plan to use (if you have decided them yet). Also a true schematic diagram is much better readable (and understandable) than you image. You don't have to use a fancy schematic entry design program, A good handmade sketch will do.