Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pioneer SX-315 PROBLEM

When I try to turn on my Pioneer SX-315, it only stays on for about 3-4seconds and turns back off by itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harald Kapp

You'll have to supply more information such as:
- any error codes displayed whiel the unit is on?
- any indications behaving incorrectly (lamps, noises,...)
- setup of the unit (speakers connected etc.)
- does the problem happen with remote control and manual control or only in one of the two modes?

Nothing with my SX-315 works. It clicks on for a few seconds and then clicks off. The display screen doesn't show anything. Completely dark. No sound comes out of the speakers.

Sir Novocaine . . . . .

From as few clues as it is giving you, likely that one of the audio output power sections . . .within the photos ORANGE boxed area . . .probably failed and then knocked out your power supply.
There are two power supply sections, with the initial one of main interest being within the shades of RED boxed in areas.
The high power one, being within the BLUE boxed in area.

TESTING . . . . .

Initially have no AC power to the unit and use an ohmmeter in its low ohms range to confirm that the F801 fuse RED-YELLOW on schematic or PINK box on photo is good..
Then track down the current limiter / fuse as the same color coded RED-YELLOW designation of IC808 . . . . it physically should be just like a TO-92 cased transistor, but with only two opposing leads.
On the photo, the nearby C17 electrolytic is being RED starred and your item of interest should be in the YELLOW star proximity.

To make a top of chassis, probe connections , one electrical connection is being to the cathodes of D809 or 810, the other electrical connection would be to the closest / nearby terminal of IC805, a three terminal 5 V regulator .
If both of those fusible parts are intact/ of / LOW ohmmage and thereby, not being blown .

ADVANCE TO . . . . .

Powering up the unit and look over to CN505 connector and measure its pin 4 double RED-YELLOW BAR voltage and you must use the pin 3 BLACK bar connection point as the meter ground.
Repeat on the other single and triple RED YELLOW BARS, using their specific grounds.

If all 5 of those supply voltages are present we proceed . . . if not . . .we troubleshoot . . . . . as to why ?

If the unit is shutting down before actual required time to read their metering . . . . . have the unit off and have the probes in place at turn on time .

AREA PHOTO MARK UP AND POWER SUPPLY SCHEMATIC . . . . . .

PIONEER-SX-315-Pwr-Supply.png

https://i.ibb.co/LPggZDL/PIONEER-SX-315-Pwr-Supply.png

73's de Edd . . . . .

STERILIZE . . . . . ( ster-i-līz )
Now, that's what you do to your FIRST baby's pacifier, by boiling it,
and eventually, to your LAST baby's pacifier, by just blowing on it.

Last edited:
Irrelevant but interesting.... The standby power supply on this SX-315 is *identical* to the standby power supply of a Denon AVR-1707 I recently had on the bench.